Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] end-to-end delay calculation

From: "Martin Mathieson" <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 15:06:19 +0000
You could of course do a ping.  And see how close to the middle the far side sees something happen...

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Fabiana moreno <fvmoreno@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well i did this...but i dont know if it's ideal...i think it would work though....

I synchronized the two computers to a server on the internet before every capture so both have the exact same time.

i have my sniffer in the two computers, the one that sends and the ones that receive.

I created a function in matlab that calculates the difference between those two times...

I am being really carefull when i have a packet lost or things like that....

But probably this can work???? ...