Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Terminal Server traffic

From: "Albert Jurado" <ajurado@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:23:38 -0400

As of last week we started to monitor traffic from our internal Terminal Server to our internal SQL server using wireshark.

Our network is segmented in the following way:

VLAN for servers

Data VLAN for each floor in the building (six in total).

We installed wireshark on a separate workstation plugged into our core router with a monitoring port configured

Our first capture revealed over 40% of the traffic as “out-of-order” packets.  When we performed a capture from the terminal server there was no such traffic.

I wondering if this type of behavior is normal for terminal server communication.  I hope someone can shed some light on this matter for me, it would greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Albert Jurado

Network Manager

First Commercial Insurance Company