Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] QoS issue

From: "Lewis, Don" <Don_Lewis@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:00:30 -0500

I am trying to use Wireshark to resolve a QoS issue. We have a polycom video conference camera on our site that is setting up a session with a remote polycom.  Our ISP says they are not seeing any packets marked appropriately.  Their evidence is NETFLOW reports collected from their edge router located on campus.

Should I be able to set up a remote span session (all Cisco hardware) and see the QoS in the packet’s Differentiated Services Field?

My monitor session look something like this:

Switch 1 (site with our Polycom)

Monitor sess 1 source inter fast x/x both

Monitor sess 1 dest remote vlan 400

Switch 2 (my office)

Monitor sess 1 source remote vlan 400

Monitor sess 1 dest inter fast x/x

I have been looking for a sample QoS trace just to see what it would look like but could not find one.

Thanks.