Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] IO Graphs cumulative plot

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig.bjorlykke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 20:34:10 +0100
On 5. mars. 2008, at 18.32, Stephen Fisher wrote:

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 02:11:46PM +0100, Michele Pedrolli wrote:

Is there a way to plot this graph with IO Graphs?

I don't think there is right now.  There would have to be a frame
dissector field that stored the cumulative number of bytes since the
beginning of the capture.

We already have the cumulative number of bytes in the frame dissector
(used for the cumulative column), so it's just a matter of adding this
as a generated frame field.

This field does not always work as expected in the filter, because we
can't add a filter like "frame.cum_len > 1000".  But maybe it's better
to have this field than not at all?

--
Stig Bjørlykke