Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] wimax question

From: "Martin Mathieson" <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 09:18:06 +0000
Hi,

The M2M plugin has been part of Wireshark since at least 0.99.7.

The M2M plugin will only work for you if your equipment is framing the WiMAX traffic over ethernet using the simple ethernet protocol that M2M/Intel uses.

Otherwise, you'll need to find out how your messages are framed over ethernet, and write another dissector/plugin that will parse the ethernet header and call the appropriate WiMAX dissector.  Have a look at the source for M2M, it looks quite simple. (if I remember correctly it registers an ethertype, then has a code at the front of the message that identifies which of WiMAX dissectors should be called for the remainder of the frame).

Regards,
Martin