Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] wimax question

From: "Martin Mathieson" <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 23:05:42 +0000
Hi,

There are 2 WiMAX dissector plugins.

I think the one you are interested in is the wimax plugin, which handles the air interface protocol, and contains a number of different dissectors.  The m2m plugin contains an example of an ethernet framing scheme (presumably used by Intel, who contributed the code) that signals for each frame which sub-dissector to call from the other plugin.  I don't know if Intel have continued development since the initial code was sent in...

There is also the wimaxasncp plugin, but this is for the R3, R4, R6 interfaces.

Hope this helps,
Martin