Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] wimax question

From: Dan Wentzel <bitspersecond@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 22:37:32 +0000

I have seen wimax dissectors in the code, but don't have access to a wimax link to verify how well (or if) they work.

Bottom line:  try it and see?

bits

On Mar 4, 2008, at 3:38 PM, Joao Matos wrote:

Hi to all.

First of all sorry if this is not the correct contact to ask this question, or if it is already been answered in a previuous post.

I'm doing a research work on the WiMAX Technology, and I need to analyse the protocol messages that are exchanged between the Base Station and the clients (CPEs). Is the current release of wireshark capable of decoding WiMAX protocol messages? If the "normal" distribution is not capable, are there any additional plugins avalible that enable the analyses of the protocol messages?

Thank you so much for your attention.

Best Regards.