Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] TCP Retransmitted Packet Assigned with New Seq #

From: Becky Vict <becky_vict@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 02:28:53 -0800 (PST)
Hi everyone,

I have noticed a few retransmitted packets in my captures that are assigned with new seq # by the server.

For example packets with seq. # 1, 2, 3, 4 are lost and the server retransmits 1, 2, 11 and 12; 11 and 12 being totally new but part of the retransmissions and there will be no recurrence of 3 and 4 anymore from the server.

Is this a TCP bug or perfectly normal?

Thanks.