Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Decoding packets from a Cisco's "ip traffic-export" flow

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 09:28:33 -0500
Sake Blok wrote:

I think it *is* a cisco bug...

I tried to open the bug-tracker, but it seems to be offline at the moment. I think you should open a case with the Cisco-TAC for this issue. Feel free to use my analysis in the report.
(if my assumptions on addresses were correct of course)

Frank Bulk wrote (in a previous EMail)

> I used bittwiste to remove the first 12 bytes of the attached packet
> capture that included a variety of traffic, and you'll see that some
> packets are fine, but others, such as 4, 7, 8, etc are not.

> Can anyone make sense of it?

On additional note: Looking at the packets in the longer capture it appears to me that some are messed up in different ways from the first. In addition there are a few packets which seem to have had all the PPOE stuff stripped so that they look like good packets in the original capture.