Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] i need Help with jitter, packet loss, packet drops (i'm ne

From: "Jake Peavy" <djstunks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 13:58:15 -0700
I believe your video must be RTP encapsulated to perform these measurements.  Simple UDP or TCP encapsulation of MPEG_TS is not sufficient.

On 2/29/08, Fabiana moreno <fvmoreno@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello! I'm writting because i've been reading so much documentation about this software but the more i read the more questions i have!
I'm streaming an mpeg-4 video trhough a wireless lan using rtsp protocol. my question is how can i calculate the jitter, packet loss and packet drops of all the data that i received and i have saved in a document. (the two only protocols i see is tcp and trsp)...i dont know which one to filter in order to get what i want. I have been playing around with the software and reading the documentation but i just dont get it. I really need your help and this may be trivial to you guys but i need to get started. Thank you very much!!
Fabiana