Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] limit packet

From: Hansang Bae <hbae@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 19:18:52 -0500
Alexander Pilugin wrote:
Hello! Please advise the value in bytes (default 68 bytes is too small) to which limit captured packet so that on the one hand don`t lose any headers, and on the other to save the space on the hard disk. Thanks in advance!

Define header. I usually use 96 bytes to ensure I get all the tcp and some smb/cifs options (96 is acutally more than required, but it's nice round number)

If you count URLs as "headers" than I don't think there is "one standard' byte count.

--

Thanks,
Hansang