Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] High broadcast traffic

From: "Frankel, Stewart" <Stewart_Frankel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 14:51:06 -0700

Network parameters per Cisco CCDA design associate training manual:

max usage 40% on the LAN
max 70% on the WAN
response time <100ms
< 20% broadcast/multicast traffic
<1 CRC per million bytes
<.1% packet collision
<75% CPU utilization on the router
ignored packets <10/hr on cisco Router interface
Buffer misses <25 /hr

Hope this helps.