Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark sold on ebay

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 03:27:49 +0100
Gerald Combs schrieb:
Ulf Lamping wrote:
You are perfectly right - as long as the terms of the GPL are fulfilled, this is ok for me!
The phrase "I am authorized reseller for this software" at the end of the auction description is misleading. Wireshark University and CACE have permission to use the trademark for commercial purposes. This guy (or gal) doesn't.
Well, this might be misleading - but would be hard to stand at court I guess.

A different thing is the use of the Wireshark logo (the one with the shark). AFAIK, this logo was once used on the webpage (which is *not* open sourced) and is not in the subversion, and unless you've not released it anywhere else into the open source world, this logo is still copyrighted by you and this one has no right at all to use it.

Regards, ULFL

P.S: As the term "digital delivery" already appears at the eBay overview page shipping column, this seems to be "nothing special".