Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark sold on ebay

From: "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 01:49:22 +0000
Sake Blok wrote:

Also I doubt whether selling GPL software is in full compliance with
all eBay rules and regulations. At least I think it shouldn't be ;-)

Cheers,
    Sake
ttp://www.wireshark.org/mailman/listinfo/wireshark-users

I dont think ebay care less whether sellers stick to the rules or not, but I do believe it is not permitted to sell items for which there is no physical item shipped. Hence I dont think electronics downloads are permitted. It's a long time since I looked at eBay rules, as clearly they are not enforced.

One can I believe contact a member. If each person who buys a copy and was told "Do you realise you have paid for wireshark, but you can download it for free", the seller might get a few negative feedbacks.