Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark sold on ebay

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 00:13:54 +0100
Guy Harris schrieb:
Joerg Mayer wrote:

AFAIKT, the offer is perfectly legal.

Legal, but some would consider it wrong, as a customer might not know that a version is available for USD/EUR/UKP/RMB/JPY/CAD/BRL/RUB/INR/{ok, ok, we get it -ed :-)} 0.00 from http://www.wireshark.org.

I don't know

1) whether it's possible to post a comment on an item in eBay (such as "hey, you can get this software for free from www.wireshark.org")

or

	2) if it's possible, whether you have to have an eBay account to do that.
You can send the seller a comment. But AFAIK, it is at the sellers discretion if it's placed on the items page - which I guess won't happen for obvious reasons ;-)

Regards, ULFL