Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] capture filter to isolate one router's traffic from all

From: Matthew Moeller <Matthew.Moeller@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 12:32:34 -0500
I have a spanned port which spans 3 edge segments to our network.  I'm
trying to create a filter which would isolate traffic from one of the three
edge routers that feed this port, can this be done?

I tried the filter:  gateway host <host> in the help section of the windows
version but can't seem to get the syntax correct.  Wireshark itself rejects
my attempts upon start of capture.  It seems to need a hostname (not ip
addy)  in the <host> argument.  Is it that this can only be used with
something along the lines of a proxy server and not a router?

Thanks,

Matthew R. Moeller, Sr.
Network Project Leader
Universal Health Services, Inc.
610-382-4478
877-519-9015 Pager
610-992-4524 Fax
email: matthew.moeller@xxxxxxxxxx

UHS Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient (s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this information is prohibited.  If this was sent to you in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.