Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Error capturing packet

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 19:24:52 +0100
Hi Peter,

I guess you can't read a book either when asleep? So when your system goes to sleep it shuts the network interfaces. That just kills the capture session. If you want to keep programs running while your away from the machine, don't let it fall asleep.

Thanx,
Jaap

Peter Shimmel wrote:
We recently installed Wireshark, but keep receiving this error:

Error while capturing packet: read error: packet receive packet failed.

                        Do not report as a crash failure

We run the software, and when we return to the machine, it is in sleep mode, could that be causing this error? Does the Wireshark still record data while the laptop is on screensaver and in sleep mode? Thank You