Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] URL capture filer??

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 11:38:06 -0800
jacob c wrote:
I have attached two jpg screenshots so you can see what I typed in and then the error I get. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

As the message says, "unknown host 'www.cnn.com'"; Wireshark's unable to find the IP address corresponding to the domain name "www.cnn.com".

Can you get to

	http://www.cnn.com/

from your Web browser? If not, then it's probably because the browser is just as unable to resolve the host name "www.cnn.com" to an IP address as is Wireshark; if you're using Wireshark to try to debug that problem, I'd suggest using "port domain" as your capture filter, as, to debug a problem that's probably a DNS problem, you'd need to capture DNS traffic.