Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] URL capture filer??

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 10:12:09 -0700
On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 08:22:16AM -0800, jacob c wrote:

> I am running Wireshark 0.99.7. I tried using the sample URL capture
> filter shown on the wiki but it always gives me an error when I
> stopped the capture.. It looks like this: "host www.cnn.com and not
> (port 80 or port 25) " I also tried "host www.cnn.com" but it didn't
> seem to like that either.
>
> Can someone show me an example "URL" capture filter?

Those *capture filters* should work fine in the capture filter box
within the (Capture) Options dialog.  The filter box in the main
Wireshark window is for *display filters*, which have a different format
entirely.  If you are in fact putting the capture filters in the capture
filter field, please send us your error message.

Steve