Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Does WireShark Really Supports All GSM protocols?

From: "Kokab Naqvi" <kokabnaqvi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 23:15:08 +0200
Hi All

I am a wireless GSM engineer. I am using a Data collection Software TEMS Investigation to access a 3G UMTS network for Voice, Video, FTP and HTTP calls through a TEST phone which is connected with my laptop by USB port. Apart of it I am also running the WIRESHARK in parellel to capture the packets.

For FTP and HTTP ( Packet Switch Services ) . It works fine. When I make a FTP or HTTP connection, a new interface called as WAN (PPP/SLIP) , it creates and I capture the traffic and can see the all the packet information.

The problem is with Circuit Switch calls like Voice and Video. I cannot see any new interface to capture when I make Voice or Video calls. I also tried to see the option for selecting the ports in WIRESHARK so that I could select the port with which my mobile is connected then WIRESHACK might be able to capture the traffic coming in and out of that port.But unfortuantely I was not able to see any option for PORTS.

Can you gurus please reply  If I really want to see the Voice/Video Traffic and Signalling then What should I do see it in WIRESHARK?

--
Regards
Kokab Naqvi

3G Optimisation Consultant