Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Hiding interfaces

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 07:54:34 +0100
Hi,

There is something to be said for using 'hidden interface' flag for 'Capture Interfaces' dialog. Sounds like a logical request.
Any reason not to implement this?

Thanx,
Jaap

Onur Akgun wrote:
    On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 11:20:55AM -0500, Onur Akgun wrote:

     > Is there a way to hide some interfaces from the "Capture Interfaces"
     > screen?
     >
     > Preferences - Capture - Interfaces - Edit does not do what I want...

    The "Hide Interface" option in that dialog should do what you want.  If
    not, please explain further.

    Steve

What I want is to hide interfaces from the "List Available Capture Interfaces" menu (first button on the left, or "capture --> interfaces" on the menu). "Hide Interface" option on the aforementioned menu only hides interfaces from the "Capture Options" menu.

--
Onur