Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] ARP Broadcasts

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 23:30:54 +0100
Hi,

Yes that's normal since your whole neighborhood is connected to that head end. I don't have the details at hand, but that's my basic understanding of it.

Thanx,
Jaap

Acy Nonyxx wrote:
I have broadband through my cable company. I unplugged the router and plugged my computer directly into the cable modem and ran wireshark to see what I would see. What I see most is almost non-stop ARP broadcasts coming from the gateway and going to all sorts of ip addresses, "Who has <ipaddress> Tell <ipaddress>" Is this normal? Should I be picking this up? What kind of network would result in me getting all these ARP packets?
Thank you.