Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] running wireshark just before and after downloading a payl

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 22:38:44 +0100
Hi,

That one is easy. Just set the snaplength to the size you need.
That is the "Limit each packet to xxx bytes" entry on the Capture options dialog.

Thanx
Jaap

Albretch Mueller wrote:
 Hi,
~
 I was wondering how could you run wireshark just before and after
downloading a payload, without snooping in anyone else's actual
payloads
~
 The only needed metrics would be:
~
 1) timing down to the milliseconds (or nanoseconds?)
~
 2) the IP address of the initiating client's request
~
 3) the IP address of the server's response
~
 4) the used protocol
~
 Then you, say, go "wget <some package out there>" and wireshark would
stop doing it and just do the data payload
~
 and after finishing the download it would do the initial (1,2,3,4)
for some time
~
 Thanks
 lbrtchx