Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Disable TCP_CHECKSUM_INCORRECT

From: Frédéric BERNON <frederic.bernon@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:57:01 +0100
Hi group,

I'm newbie, so, sorry if my question is too simple. I use Wireshark 0.99.6a.

I often receive some capture files done on PC/Windows with network interfaces with off-load features. So, of course, for Wireshark, checksums are wrongs (but I got the warning "incorrect, should be xxx (maybe caused by "TCP checksum offload") ).

My problem is to be able to use "Analyze\Expert info" without having "TCP bad checksum" errors. Else, I can't see real problems I want to analyze (retransmissions, dup ack...). The "Severity filter" can't help me: what I need is finally to say to wireshark that all "tcp checksums errors" are not errors.

Is it possible (without patching the code)?

Thank you for your help...

====================================
Frédéric BERNON
HYMATOM SA
Chef de projet informatique
Microsoft Certified Professional
Tél. : +33 (0)4-67-87-61-10
Fax. : +33 (0)4-67-70-85-44
Email : frederic.bernon@xxxxxxxxxx
Web Site : http://www.hymatom.fr
====================================
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:BERNON;Frédéric;;M.
FN:Frédéric BERNON
ORG:HYMATOM SA;Recherche et Développement
TITLE:Chef de projet informatique
TEL;WORK;VOICE:04-67-87-61-10
TEL;WORK;FAX:04-67-70-85-44
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;23;Zone Industrielle=0D=0A175 rue de Massacan;VENDARGUES;;34740;FRANCE;
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:23=0D=0AZone Industrielle=0D=0A175 rue de Massacan=0D=0AVENDARGUES 34740=0D=
=0AFrance
URL;WORK:http://www.hymatom.fr
ROLE:Chef de projet informatique
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:frederic.bernon@xxxxxxxxxx