Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] decode of gtalk?

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 08:08:09 +0100
Hi,

Google talk is based on jingle, an extension of XMPP. Wireshark VoIP analysis can't interpret that as such, so can't provide you with a MSC, play RTP streams, etc.

Thanx,
Jaap

John Davis wrote:
Hello

I have run tcpdump -i eth0 -w cap.log on my firewall.  I then opened
the cap.log file in wireshark.  i tried to select voip calls but none
showed up.  I also selected a frame sent between my buddy and myself
and did a decode as RTP.  I then clicked the analyze->voip-calls and
it stll had an empty list of frames.

Any idea what i am doing wrong?

I want to record gtalk conversations.