Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] LLC Sub-Layer Management

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 18:59:05 -0800

On Jan 16, 2008, at 5:16 PM, E B wrote:

What do you mean exactly when you say "mangled"?
Do you mean that Winblows somehow mangled the packet but otherwise its ok?

The packet got mangled somewhere after the network adapter received it but before it was passed to WinPcap and thus to Wireshark. That might have been done by the firmware on your wireless network adapter, by the driver for your wireless network adapter, or by the Windows networking stack.