Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Real Hub in stores?

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 10:01:11 +0100
On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 09:21:59PM -0500, Patrick wrote:
> Hi Everyone
>
> There is a great list of hubs here:
> http://wiki.wireshark.org/HubReference
>
> Unfortunately I have not found any of the simpler types still sold in
> stores. I am just looking for a small inexpensive hub so I can hub out a
> couple of my computers.

I bought a Wlinx mini-hub SS-F05CM second hand. This is a nice 4 port
100Mbit/s hub with an extra uplink port. It fits nicely in my laptop
bag since I soldered a little USB<->jack power cable for it so I don't
need to carry around the power-supply. Works like a charm :-)
(one downside, it is FastEthernet only).

I think these can still be found new or second hand.

Cheers,
   Sake