Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] LLC Sub-Layer Management

From: Andrew Hood <ajhood@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 21:43:50 +1100
So far you have been less than helpful in answering the questions people
have asked.

E B wrote:
> I downloaded windump. I started it in the command prompt but nothing is
> happening because it is trying to capture from the generic dialup
> adapter instead of my wireless card, i tried windump /? and windump help
> but that doesnt give me anything. I dont know how to switch adapters and
> i dont know how to save the dump to a text file either.

windump -D

pick the interface you want, then

windump -i the-interface-number

> Recently, I went online and it was very slow, I noticed a host computer
> online that had an obviously spoofed MAC, so I am pretty sure there is
> something fishy going on.
> Shortly after I noticed the spoofed MAC, I got a pop-up from my PC
> firewall that said the LSA Shell (Export version) was trying to act as a
> server.

Where is the example capture file? The raw LLC capture, not some
butchered file with all the important information removed.

How do you know a MAC is spoofed? It is common, if not standard,
practice to use locally administered addresses wth LLC.

                -- Dr. Who