Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Fwd: Cannot receive all packet from different cpu.

From: "Hendra Gunawan" <tts1331@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 13:33:05 +0700
thx for the info jb, jackson and combs.

now i know the problem, i just want to spy at another computer. Buying gigabit managed switch is rather expensive for me. maybe i using an old spy program.

btw. i have 1 question. How to know ip public ie 219.83.126.9 refer to which website, because 1 ip can be more than 1 website.
i'm using whoisbyip, but its not help so much.
is there any chance to know this ip refer to which website or maybe all the website list.

thx, b4.

On Jan 5, 2008 9:10 AM, Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jack Jackson wrote:
> At 03:21 PM 1/4/2008, jbartas wrote:
>>     Hubs are getting hard to find everywhere - in the US, Ebay is one
>> source. For the last year I've been collecting every hub I see (both 10
>> and 100) at junk stores, yards sales, even friends throwing them away
>> because they are "upgrading" to switches. Anyone who may even have to
>> troubleshoot a network should do the same. The has to be some old hubs
>> in your country somewhere....
>
> You have to watch out for the ones called hubs that are actually
> switches.  Also don't forget that a 10/100 hub is actually a 10 MHz hub and
> a 100 MHz hub connected by a switch.

True hubs may be scarce, but you can buy an 8-port managed switch (including
port mirroring) for $240:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124087