Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Can't find USB device

From: Daniel DeFreez <daniel.defreez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 18:24:26 -0800
Hello all ---

I'm trying to get Wireshark to work with USB. Reading through the wiki and the archives I've done the following:
- verified that usbmon is on my system
- compiled libpcap CVS from tcpdump.org (version reads 0.9 - PRECVS, is this correct??)
- recompiled wireshark with new libpcap
- started up usbmon then wireshark

Yet, when I go capture -> interfaces, I still just see the normal eth0, eth1, etc. No USB interfaces.

Anyone have any ideas about what I'm missing?

Thanks,

Daniel

P.S.

I apologize if this gets double-posted - Thunderbird and I had a little spat.