Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] how many percent one ip uses about the whole link?

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 09:25:19 +0100
On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 04:45:04PM -0300, Anderson Pow wrote:
> Hi guys, I'm glad to be here, im brazilian boy
> marveled by wireshark.

We all have that in common :-)

> I need to know, how many percent one single IP  uses
> the terminal server on my windows 2003 server.

Well, Wireshark only knows about network-packets. It can't look into
the server statistics about usage by one ip address. What it can do is
tell you how many packets and bytes this particular ip address was
sending and receiving to and from the server. You can get these
statistics from the "Statistics" menu. Have a look at the various
"Endpoint" and "Conversation" options there. ANother way of doing this
is to filter all the packets you all interested in and then use
the "Summary" option to compare the filtered items to the total
capture.

> i need
> to know how percent this IP uses on my internet link
> considering all traffic between on time/space, anyone
> can help-me how i can do it on wireshark?

I would use the same methods to get results on these questions.
Probably the "Endpoint" list is most usefull in this case.

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
    Sake