Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Editing packets with Wireshark and replay?

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 18:10:23 +0100
Hi,

You may want to look into bittwist:
http://bittwist.sourceforge.net/

Note that this does enable you to edit IP headers (ea.) but IP addresses within the packets are left untouched. To do that you'll need to have NAT like application helpers.

Thanx,
Jaap

jacob c wrote:
Is there any method with Wireshark (or other tool) to modify the ip addreseses in a packet capture before giving the file to another vendor for analysis. For example can I substitute all the packets with address 1.1.1.1 with 2.2.2.2? Thanks,