Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Continuous/circular in-memory tracing?

From: Jay Levitt <lists-wireshark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 08:06:02 -0500
On 12/22/2007 12:10 AM, Stephen Fisher wrote:
Would you
mind opening a bug report (marked as an enhancement request) at
http://bugs.wireshark.org to request this feature?

I never mind putting things on other people's to-do lists!  :)

Done (#2131)

or another tool (either free or commercial but not enterprise-priced)?

If I remember correctly, Sniffer can do memory only capturing, but I'm
not positive.  I don't know how much it costs, but there are free demos
available.

Sadly, Sniffer looks to be dearly departed; Network General (nee McAfee nee NAI) is now part of NetScout/nGenius, and Sniffer's not a separate product anymore... they seem to be targeted at big enterprise networks, with pricing in the $3k-to-$30k range, so you can leverage your corporate synergies with best-of-breed multi-tier application fabric high-granularity delivery platforms. Ah, well.

ObIRememberWhen: You know, I remember when we *had* a Sniffer. A box. With a screen.

Jay