Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Err Duplicate protocol filter_name "bcp"!

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 19:38:41 +0100
Hi,

bcp is registered by the PPP dissector, for PPP bridge control protocol. So what might cause this is a stray plugin which still loiters in your system. Either as system wide plugin or personal plugin. Have a good look in /usr/lib/wireshark/ and ~/.wireshark/ or whatever this installation directries on your system are.

Thanx,
Jaap

Paul Root wrote:
I've got a problem with a machine running Wireshark 0.99.5.
I get the following error:

13:16:28          Err  Duplicate protocol filter_name "bcp"! This might
be caused by an inappropriate plugin or a development error.
/usr/local/bin/wireshark[6]: 21481 Abort(coredump)

Tshark will core as well.
The big problem is, I compiled Wireshark and made it a package out of
it. It runs fine on many other machines.
I saw some issues that were similar, with a fix of removing a file from
the plugins directory, but there isn't a bcp file in plugins.

This is Solaris 10.
Oh, an old ethereal comes up fine on this machine.