Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Binary vs. Ascii data display

From: "Douglas Pratley" <Douglas.pratley@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:49:19 -0000
I think TShark can already do what you want (parsing a capture file into
ASCII); I think this feature went into 0.99.6.

Check out the -Tfields, -E and -e switches

tshark -r<file> -e frame.time -e frame.time_delta -e
frame.time_delta_displayed -e frame.time_relative -e frame.number ...

This will print out a CSV file with the given field values, one line per
packet.

Cheers

Doug