Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] TCP Checksum issues...

From: "Richard Whittaker" <RWHITTAKER@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 09:57:00 -0800
Greetings:

We've done a couple of rounds of network captures of serveral workstations, and have run into some significant "oddness"...

In the first round of captures, on 6 of the 8 workstations there were in excess of 50% of all packets tagged at "TCP CHECKSUM INCORRECT"...

Did some research, found the option to disable TCP checksumming, and re-ran the captures... We're getting the same results on the same workstations... Is this a badly configured network/workstation/driver?...

Thanks,
Richard.

Richard Whittaker, CISSP
Config Manager, Hardware and O/S