Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] when make packet-ansi_map-template.c file, failed

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 13:16:31 -0800
sunhf wrote:

packet-ansi_map.c
packet-ansi_map-template.c(1634) : error C2220: warning treated as error - no 'object' file generated packet-ansi_map-template.c(1634) : warning C4819: The file contains a character that cannot be represented in the current code page (936). Save the file in Unicode format to prevent data loss

One of the strings in a value_string table in that file was using a non-ASCII character in some unknown encoding. I assume it was intended to be some hyphen-or-dash-like character, so I replaced it with an ASCII "-".