Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] a beginner for setup guide for Win32

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 13:15:06 -0800
sunhf wrote:

dbs-etherwatch.c
*dbs-etherwatch.c : error C2220: warning treated as error - no 'object' file generated* dbs-etherwatch.c : warning C4819: The file contains a character that cannot be represented in the current code page (936
). Save the file in Unicode format to prevent data loss

The comment in that file giving an example of the DBS-ETHERTRACE command output included non-printable characters, as that command doesn't show, in the "printable text" output of the packet data, bytes with the 8th bit set as "." - it just passes them through.

I checked in a change to that comment, to put "."s in; that should fix the problem.