Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Capturing packets for given ip address

From: Jack Jackson <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 06:58:50 -0800
Did you read the link from Tom's first reply to your post? It explains in great detail what your problem is and possible fixes.

If you cannot see those packets from your machine, your machine is probably connected to a switched Ethernet network. For more information, please read the section on capturing packets at http://www.wireshark.org/faq.html#q7.1