Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] MPEG2TS over UPD not decoded

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 08:15:28 +0100
Hi,

Committed revision 23743 adding UDP transport for MPEG2TS, both heuristic and "Decode as".

Thanx,
Jaap

Jake Peavy wrote:
On 12/3/07, *maurizio simoni* <mau2000.sim@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:mau2000.sim@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    MPEG2TS can be also detected in a heuristic way if transported over UDP.
    These are some rules that can be applied:
    1) UDP payload length must be a multiple of 188 (usually a UDP
    packet contains an integer number of TS packets, where each TS
    packet is 188 bytes).
    2) The first octet of each TS packet inside the UDP payload must be
    equal to 0x47 (sync byte)
    3) At least 2 or 3 consecutives UDP packets satisfying rules 1) and
    2) onthe same IP address and UDP port.