Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] MPEG2TS over UPD not decoded

From: "maurizio simoni" <mau2000.sim@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 21:57:56 +0100
MPEG2TS can be also detected in a heuristic way if transported over UDP.
These are some rules that can be applied:
1) UDP payload length must be a multiple of 188 (usually a UDP packet contains an integer number of TS packets, where each TS packet is 188 bytes).
2) The first octet of each TS packet inside the UDP payload must be equal to 0x47 (sync byte)
3) At least 2 or 3 consecutives UDP packets satisfying rules 1) and 2) onthe same IP address and UDP port.