Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] How to pass file info along with a packet

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 12:57:18 -0800
Peter Moore wrote:
I�d like to pass some information about a file along with a packet. I am currently using a pseudo header to do so. This works ok during the sequential read through the file, but doesn�t with seek and read.

It does if you return the pseudo-header in the seek-and-read routine, which you're supposed to do; the seek_read routines in Wireshark take a "union wtap_pseudo_header *" as one of the arguments.

This is, by the way, more of a wireshark-dev topic than a wireshark-users topic.