Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] How to pass file info along with a packet

From: "Peter Moore" <pmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 15:36:20 -0500

I’d like to pass some information about a file along with a packet.  I am currently using a pseudo header to do so.  This works ok during the sequential read through the file, but doesn’t with seek and read.  I saw something about private data, but it wasn’t clear on how to implement this.  What’s the best way to do this, and are there any related articles out there?

Thanks.