Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] FC Protocol ??

From: "Daniel Koepke" <dkoepke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:47:38 -0600

Hi;

I was scanning a school segment and discovered a use of FC protocol being used. I do not see this used in any of the other schools and appears to be using a lot of bandwidth. I tried to track down the MAC Address within the Cisco switches using ARP and MAC Address tables (show mac-address dynamic ) but unable to see where the MAC address is used.

My questions are

Is the MAC address in the scan validate or is it transposed or deciphered correctly
Can the FC protocal be run over ethernet or how should I view these scans

I have copied a section of the scan for review.

Thanks
Dan

JPEG image