Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Recommended C compiler for Windows

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 13:55:10 +0100
DePriest, Jason R. schrieb:
On Nov 24, 2007 1:11 PM, Owens, Neil  wrote:
Folks

What's the current fave C compiler for Win32?  There's loads out there,
but what comes recommended?

Ta

Neil

I've been using Microsoft's Visual Studio Express 2005
(http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa718403.aspx).

Although I see that you can get the 2008 version now, too.
No, the 2008 version currently won't work.
You have to do a little clean-up and tweaking once you get it
installed before you can actually compile a Windows program.  I don't
have a link to those steps, but you should be able to get the
instructions from MSDN with a little searching.
The best you can get is the Developers Guide, especially http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html

Regards, ULFL