Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Recommended C compiler for Windows

From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 17:50:29 -0600
On Nov 24, 2007 1:11 PM, Owens, Neil  wrote:

> Folks
>
> What's the current fave C compiler for Win32?  There's loads out there,
> but what comes recommended?
>
> Ta
>
> Neil

I've been using Microsoft's Visual Studio Express 2005
(http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa718403.aspx).

Although I see that you can get the 2008 version now, too.

You have to do a little clean-up and tweaking once you get it
installed before you can actually compile a Windows program.  I don't
have a link to those steps, but you should be able to get the
instructions from MSDN with a little searching.

-Jason