Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] newb question

From: "Jeff Adams" <maillists0@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 15:02:15 -0500

On 11/22/07, Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

The voice is transported in RTP packets. So go to the menu Statistics.
Select RTP from the menu and then Show all streams. Select a stream from
the list and click analyze. Then you've the option to save the payload
in an 'au' file, which is another form of audio file. This can be
readily converted to a wav by means of other tools.

The Wiki has some interesting points. Look for RTP and VoIP calls.

Thanx,
Jaap

That is an excellent start, though I'm sure to have more questions before this is over. Thank you!