Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] newb question

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 20:55:31 +0100
Hi,

The voice is transported in RTP packets. So go to the menu Statistics. Select RTP from the menu and then Show all streams. Select a stream from the list and click analyze. Then you've the option to save the payload in an 'au' file, which is another form of audio file. This can be readily converted to a wav by means of other tools.

The Wiki has some interesting points. Look for RTP and VoIP calls.

Thanx,
Jaap

Jeff Adams wrote:
We have a few hosted Voip phones. I have a switch setup to mirror the Voip ports to a local box, so I'm copying all those packets. Next, I want to reassemble those voip packets into .wav files. The traffic is entirely sccp (all Cisco network). I've not done anything like this before, so I started by searching the site wiki and looking around the internet for a little help getting started. It seems that this is possible, but I don't find any specific discussion of how it is done. Could someone point me in the direction of a howto or other docs? Any help will be enormously appreciated.