Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Sniffing PON traffic

From: "Jake Peavy" <djstunks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 09:26:18 -0700
On Sep 16, 2007 7:06 AM, Pedro Tumusok <pedro.tumusok@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I am wondering if anybody knows of any hardware that I can connect to a PC (PCI/USB 2.0 ?) running wireshark that lets me sniff PON traffic, specifically GEPON,
but GPON or EPON solutions are also interesteing.
What I'd like to look at is the traffic between the ONU and the OLT ie MPCP and the auto discovery process being done.

I have in my lab, an OLT, ONU and a splitter, so the idea is to connect the PC directly to the splitter to do the sniffing, but I am unaware if there is
any hardware that supports this or if wireshark supports it.

Any suggestions or ideas would be highly appreciated.

Hi Pedro,

Did you ever receive any responses to this?

--
-jp

When Chuck Norris was in middle school, his English teacher assigned an essay: "What is Courage?" Chuck Norris received an "A+" for writing only the words "Chuck Norris" and promptly turning in the paper.