Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] tcpdump capture for wireshark problems

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 01:52:51 -0800
Nikolay Shopik wrote:

I'm trying to capture packtes with tcpdump and later view captured file with wireshark but it always tell me what file captured in "middle of something.."

What is the exact message Wireshark displays?

I'm using such command line: tcpdump -s 1516 -ieth0 -w sample.cap

That should work, although "-s 0" should also work (it's equivalent to "-s 65535", which means that the entire packet will be saved, as Ethernet packets are smaller than 65535 bytes).